CMS Post-performance Information From the 2019 Quality Payment Program
As of June 2021, the CMS has made available newly added Quality Payment Program (QPP) performance information for physicians, clinicians, groups, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to the Doctors and Clinicians section of Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC).
CMS is required to report eligible clinicians’ Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Final Scores, eligible clinicians’ performance under each MIPS performance category, names of eligible clinicians in Advanced Alternative Payment Models, and, to the extent feasible, the names and performance of such Advanced APMs. Performance information for physicians and clinicians is displayed using measure-level star ratings, performance scores measured by percentage, and checkmarks.
Medicare patients and caregivers can use the Care Compare website to search for and compare physicians, clinicians, and groups who are enrolled in Medicare.
Download the resources below for more details about the 2019 QPP performance information that has been added to Care Compare profile pages and the PDC:
- Presentation: 2019 QPP: Doctors and Clinicians Performance Information Published on Medicare Care Compare (Recording) (Slides) (Transcript)
- 2019 QPP Performance Information Published on Care Compare Fact Sheet
- 2019 Clinician Performance Information
- 2019 Group Performance Information
- 2019 ACO Performance Information
- 2019 Doctors and Clinicians Star Ratings Fact Sheet
- 2019 Clinician and Group Star Rating Cut-offs
- 2019 Doctors and Clinicians Measures and Activities Plain Language Crosswalk