Artificial disc replacement surgery is a spinal fusion alternative that aims to replace a painful disc that is causing back pain or neck pain. Artificial disc replacement surgery involves removing the painful, natural disc and inserting an artificial disc that can preserve some of the motion of that spinal element. Closely related, nucleoplasty surgery replaces only the center of the disc (nucleus) while leaving the disc’s outer portion (annulus) intact.
- Artificial Disc Replacement Health Center – Spine-health.com
- Disc Replacement – Spine-health.com article
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Surgery for Chronic Back Pain– Spine-health.com article
- Technologies for Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement – Spine-health.com article
- Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery Video – Spine-health.com
In this ISASS Guide for Patients:
Content provided by: Spine-health
© 1999-2010 Spine-health
The information provided herein should not be used as a substitute for medical advice in any way. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for any and all medical conditions and symptoms.