ISASS: Innovators from around the globe.
The field of spine surgery is evolving globally. With innovations originating in every continent, it’s imperative that those committed to advancing spine surgery have a platform for discussion and education that encompasses the international community. With members from around the globe and chapters in China, India, Korea, Latin America, the Middle East, Taiwan, and Turkey, ISASS is the society for forward-thinking spine surgeons in tune with ideas, treatments, technologies, and scientific innovations from every corner of the world.
Why Join ISASS?
We believe that our society is unique in its specific focus to become a global organization that concentrates on the newest innovations in spine surgery to advance patient care and improve outcomes. With the field of spine surgery changing so rapidly because of the myriad of new products and advancements, we believe it appropriate to provide a distinct voice to the new techniques. It is our intent to complement existing organizations by providing members with in-depth information that may not be widely available elsewhere. As a member, you will gain ready access to this information, receive discounts on conferences and symposiums, and be associated with a global organization that recognizes the value of innovative technologies.
Membership is open to surgeons, scientists, inventors, and others who have a common cause in the advancement of spine surgery. Membership categories are as follows:
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapist
Make Your Voice Heard
We exist not only to learn from each other, but also as the collective voice of the world’s spine surgeons. By advocating for spine surgeons and spine patients, we can help protect the rights of those in the field and promote sound public policy. Becoming a part of ISASS gives you a stronger voice in the matters most important to your practice.
- Become a better spine surgeon with increased and timely access to research, articles, and information from global leaders in spine surgery through newsletters like Vertebral Columns.
- Receive discounted registration to the all ISASS-sponsored events, including the annual ISASS conference and regional conferences.
- Earn CME credit through the annual conference and additional programs.
- When your manuscript is accepted for publication in the International Journal of Spine Surgery, the society’s open access scholarly journal, receive $250 off on the publication fee.
- Make your voice heard–by advocating for spine surgeons and spine patients, ISASS helps protect your rights and promote sound public policy on issues that matter most to your practice.
- Build your network by meeting and engaging with forward-thinking colleagues and innovators from around the globe and connect with them through the ISASS membership directory.
The Value of an ISASS Membership
The Society is not-for-profit as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code. Through your membership support, ISASS works to raise worldwide awareness of advancements in spinal treatments through:
- Advocacy—ISASS is one of the most active societies addressing advocacy and reimbursement issues.
- Traveling fellowship programs.
- Support of surgical Centers of Excellence.
- Educational certification.
- Conferences and symposia—ISASS brings together world experts for engaging and enlightening meetings to advance your practice.
- Publication of the International Journal of Spine Surgery—Since 2007, this open access journal has published thousands of articles promoting innovations in patient spine care.