COVID-19 Vaccine Resources Released
CMS and the American Medical Association (AMA) have both developed resources to support efforts to communicate about the COVID-19 vaccine. Please see links and information below if you are interested in providing information and updates to patients and staff.
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, Medicare will cover and pay for the administration of the vaccine (when furnished consistent with the emergency use authorization). Physicians should review Medicare payment and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level I Common Procedural Terminology (CPT) code structure for specific COVID-19 vaccine information. They should only bill for the vaccine administration codes when submitting claims to Medicare; vaccine product codes should not be included when vaccines are free.
- CMS COVID-19 Provider Toolkit
- CMS COVID-19 FAQs
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkitfor medical centers, clinics, and clinicians
- FDA COVID-19 Vaccineswebpage
COVID-19 Vaccines FAQs for Patients and Physicians
Regularly updated information about the COVID-19 vaccine in a format that can be printed and shared with patients and physicians are available on the AMA website. The most current versions will always be accessible via these links:
- COVID-19 Vaccine, Physician FAQs: https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-12/covid-19-vaccine-physician-faqs.pdf
- COVID-19 Vaccine, Patient FAQs: https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-12/covid-19-vaccine-patient-faqs.pdf
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resource Center